First playable level

Hi so in my first level there has been a good few changes from my prototype, the prototype level has a house with you starting off inside it, inside there is a trigger to open the door and as you walk outside there is a fence around the house and an outside barrier to stop you from going out of bounds, next is a lake with water inside and lots of trees and bushes, each has its own wind force, next is a gem which you collect at the start which is surrounded by mist, after getting the gem there's an axe attached to a tree which you have to pick up, this is your weapon

so things that worked well for me would be I tried to add in more terrain, I added in textures and expanded the level a good large amount, I added in a big level in which has enemies inside, next I added in a lower level and a 2nd pool of water and changed the texture to a more orange look giving it the feel of lava, then I moved the level down somewhat so you can sink into it, after this I added in platforms for you to jump across and once you go inside the 2nd level the enemies will attack you, I wish to implement a script to make the axe hit the enemies, then ill add in a maze and a key card.

things that didn’t work so well were I tried to implement a 3rd person perspective but I have a feeling ill must remove the 1st person and start all over again as it wouldn’t attached to the character,
for the end level I will try to get the 2nd door working independently from the first door. I need to figure out a way to make more than 1 moving platform appear as they keep disappearing when I duplicate them, next I also need to figure out a way to make it, so the enemies take damage, I also found it hard to structure the level design.

I plan to look up lots of tutorials on how to fix some problems and I may even restart a few things so I can get them all working from scratch, I’ll be also coming up with a few extra concepts as I go and hopefully be able to get them all working, I feel as though I’m not far off completing the game but I will keep dedicating time to each part in order to have it done in time.


My game so far

Comments

  1. Hey Dani! Your game looks amazing so far I don't know how you do it? I struggle with Unity a lot so this looks amazing. It seems like you've a talent here for game design. You've clearly done a lot of work so far which is always good. I too tried adding in other characters but of course it didn't really work for me. You've a really good solid plan too it's clear that you know where you're going and what you want to do to further develop your game. Looks so cool! Best of luck Dani:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dani Introduction Post

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD