Unity Tutorial 05

So in the 3 tutorials I learned a lot, in the first I learned how to create several cursors around the main cursor, I also learned how to add in text when I hover over items to tell you both the key to press and take the item, next I learned how to make a script to take the gem and play a sound when I pressed the key I needed, I removed the script to take the gem when I walked into it, and then I added the sound back, so when I press E while looking at the gem it would then take the gem and remove it by setting it to false and plays the sound to take the gem
next we added in fences to make it so the world looked more bigger and make them a box collider so u couldn’t walk through them, after that we started to import a weapon of an axe, here we had to move the axe around and set it into place inform of the character, next we had to record an animation for the axe where it would swing forward, then we added in some values over a 30 frames per second to make it so the animation was recorded, after we added the animation to the box which was attached to the axe which then moved the axe on a loop, we removed the default animation and added in our own component and attached it to the axe, it didn’t work yet because we needed to add a script

for the next part we added a camera to just the axe so when it collided with other objects only the axe would be in that camera and not in the other so it never went off the front of the screen, next we resized the character so you didn’t appear to be in the ground which made the game feel better.
next we added in a script so you can swing the axe in your own animation and so it would set the axe to false when u didn’t press fire (left click) and it would wait till you pressed it played the sound and recorded animation and reset till you pressed it again, set a time on it so you couldn’t just spam it giving it a realistic feeling, I really enjoyed this tutorial, I am hoping we learn how to make the axe collide with enemies, I’m asking it's similar to the e click on the gem but when you left click within the distance of say 5 it will set the enemy to false and remove them but that’s my guess, it's got me excited, I loved this series :)




My game progress :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dani Introduction Post

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD