Beta - the final frontier

Almost but not quite yet beta

So my game is almost there with a few additions yet to be added but I will work them out before presentations,  a lot of the things working for me mostly came from the original jimmy Vegas tutorials, I have to say it helped a lot but on the other hand it also made it harder coming to the end, some part of me wishes he continued his series to make a full game, but anyway other things that worked well for me was that I was able to add in a character, a weapon that can swing as well as items you need to pick up, sounds worked well in some parts, adding in platforms became easier the 2nd time and adding in key cards was a lot of fun as regards to how things went, then finally adding in the maze helped me give the game structure, I hope to have enemies in the game before presentations

things that didn’t work were things like the first set of platforms, they just didn’t want to let me go the direction I wanted when moving sideways, it was mostly due to the command trigger needed when leaving and entering the block, next I found adding in doors hard as they became annoying especially when trying to add in a key to pick up for the doors, adding in sounds to the items also was hard that were not part of jimmy Vegas tutorials, and lastly I’m having trouble adding in the enemies but I’ll work it out.

I’ve met all my targets except the enemies but I will work my way to getting them done in the next 3 days, I mostly kept to a schedule of doing stuff on thursday-sunday with my game which allowed me to spend a lot of time on it, as well I love playing games since I was a little girl so for me making games was fun because I am eager to play and finish my own game too :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dani Introduction Post

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD