Testing

Hello and welcome to today's blog on testing my game, So you said this was "on us" but I decided to do this anyways! 
I went over my game and tested each function to make sure everything I did worked well, during my testing I found several things I needed to change, first was that platform stage was too short, so I made it longer, then I made in air platforms but when your landed on them it gave a lot of noise and as the platform script wasn’t working on the earlier one when you jumped I decided to scrap this and go for a more Mario 3d style of jumping forward and sinking platforms, this seemed to work better as you couldn’t stay on them for more than a second or u would plunge into the lava and die, next I tested the maze and made sure that everything worked as intended which also includes the keys for the doors, the walls and everything else also seems to be working, I added textures to everything and next ill add in lamps and enemies and maybe 1 more puzzle and a final boss and then the gem will appear after she dies and then once you collect it the final door will open and your family will be inside and it will be game end, this is my idea for the game and I hope it worked out for me.





My Game so far with all the added extras

The full game in full view

Comments

  1. Hey Dani
    This project is looking amazing. I really love the amount of elements you have added into your game, I think the maze is amazing and I'm looking forward to getting lost in it. The textures you have selected go very well with your terrain and surfaces selected. I think its fair that you scrapped that platform part. I was finding something similar to be holding me back. Its really good that you identified that it wasn't working and that you took the time and changed it. I cant wait to see the finished game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dani Introduction Post

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD