Growth Mindset

In this blog ill be talking about growth mindset and my thoughts and understandings on the subject.

From what i could see the subject is very interesting to say the least that a child could learn better with the "not yet or yet" compared to you got an "F" on your test shows that children tend to give up when faced with failure but when faced with i'm almost there they tend to want to keep pushing themselves and that in a sense is definitely amazing to hear.

Before today i had never heard of Carol Dweck or any of her work, but after reading about it in my college assignment i'm starting to think it's definitely worth using in schools in the future.

I feel with myself iv'e always been pushed to get A's and never to think if i fail that i can keep going because i honestly feel bad about myself when i do fail. but life has also thought me that nothing comes easy so always do your best.

Iv'e learned alot about myself as a person and how i grow in my own ways, i know i'm a visual learner and that i learn better by seeing something done than talking about it, i find it difficult to learn if i'm just told things without any physical demonstrations.

One of the tasks in the growth mindset was a cats page which had cute pictures of cats trying to motivate you to think more positively and push yourself more and that good feedback and postivity can help motivate one to push themselves in a good and positive way.


Everything can be a masterpiece with the right eyes
I'm a firm beliver that cats or any animal you love can motivate you to think positive about anything.

I honestly am intrigued by this concept of growth mindset and wouldn't mind getting into it a bit more but it's all new for me so it might be a big challenge to overcome.

I feel like i'm doing ok in all subjects but my one i love the most is Digital Video Techniques mostly because i love video editing and creating things, the one i worry most about is the group project but i am doing my best in all.



Comments

  1. Hey Dani,
    Good post! I need to keep that in mind to motivate me! I think a positive thing that could motivate anyone especially in college is a good result because last semester I was really happy with my grades! I love cats too especially persians or british shorthairs so I'll think of them more frequently to motivate myself too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dani Introduction Post

Game Design Document

MD2Final GDD